Dockside was purposely designed to be not only our home, but a unique bed and breakfast which features four theme rooms in a beautiful rural setting.
Every effort has been made for our guests to enjoy a quiet, comfortable, and memorable stay. We invite you to take a stroll around our private 3 acre lake and 6 acre property or just rest in the gentle breeze and enjoy the view. You’ll certainly want to visit our new Guest Area at the lake where you can sit and relax, dine at a picnic table, take the paddleboat for a cruise around the lake, barbeque & build a fire with wood that we provide, or fish for one of the large channel catfish, sunfish. and largemouth bass that are native to our lake. You can also bike or walk along our country roads, or plan a trip to one of our many local attractions in our area. Golfing, fitness center, skiing, wine tasting, train rides, zoo, amusement /water park, bird sanctuary, and hiking trails, are all just a short drive away. We are located about 20 minutes from Allentown, 25 minutes from Kutztown and Cabela’s Store in Hamburg, and 30 minutes from Jim Thorpe.
- Four Theme Rooms with private bath and outside keyed entrance. Three are located lakeside each with a Jacuzzi and private entrance from a deck.
- Every room has a compact refrigerator with ice compartment, one day complimentary free snacks, fruit, soda, and bottled water.
- Unlike traditional B&B’s, we provide a Full Breakfast every morning through an arrangement we have with a local Family Restaurant. If you enjoy good food, the freedom to awake early or sleep in (serving 6am until 11:30am), and choosing from a large menu, then you are most likely going to enjoy this dining experience.
- Wireless Internet, controllable air conditioning, heat, and cable T.V. in every room.
- Private lake for boating and excellent throw back fishing.
- Gift Certificates available.
- We are open all year round, and unlike most B&B’s, we do accept 1 night stays, unless of course, it is on or near a holiday weekend. We do strongly recommend that you consider a minimum 2 night stay if at all possible, so that you have adequate time to enjoy our property and the many attractions offered in this area.
- A one night deposit is required to hold any room. Visa or Master Card, cash, money order, or personal check will be accepted to guarantee the room. At least a one week notice of cancellation is required for full refund less a $50 bookkeeping fee. With lesser notice, you forfeit your deposit, unless we can re-book your room. Upon check-in, you are responsible for full payment for the days you have booked payable by cash, money order, or personal check, and there are no refunds for shortened stays. Because of the high cost of processing fees for a small business like ours, we do not accept payment with a credit card.
- Rates include full breakfast every day of your stay. Fresh fruit, snacks, bottled spring water and soda are served in your room on the first day. Bath accessories and hairdryer are also provided. If desired, bring your own alcoholic beverages.
- In the interest of ecology, economy, and your privacy, rooms are not refreshed on stays of three days or less. If desired, a guest can request their room be refreshed at an extra charge of $25/request.
- For the comfort and safety of our guests, we do not allow pets nor small children under 12 years of age.
Smoking is permitted outside.
- A life jacket, which we provide, is required for boating. For your safety, swimming is not allowed.
- Check-in time is anytime after 3 p.m. and check-out is by 11 a.m.